Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Out and About

When we were coming home this weekend, my daughter noted that all the buildings looked strange in town because it had been so long since we had actually been out and about. It’s very, very sad, but true. We’ve probably done more running to playdates an hour or more away this winter than we’ve gone exploring in our very own town. I made up for it a little today. Hubby wanted to go grocery shopping so I told him I was going to start walking, he could pick me up in 45 minutes. It was a wonderful day for being outside. I was overdressed, of course. I passed kids on the ESU campus who were wearing shorts and tank tops. I’m not sure that it was THAT nice out, but it was warm enough with the walking that I had the sleeves to my turtleneck pushed up and my coat ended up tied around my waist.

I can’t believe how my mood has lifted. I feel more positive and energetic than I have felt in a very long time. It must be all those 50-60 degree days on the forecast. A friend was telling me we are in for one more big snowstorm before the season is over.

I sure hope he’s wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd hoped for above-freezing temperatures for a long time, but I couldn't even remember how it felt to walk outside and not have to fight the cold air.

It's nice to finally have the thaw.