Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finally Getting to Wander

The kids and I packed a lunch and took it to hubby's office yesterday. It was our first real walking adventure in our new town. It was pretty warm, but pleasant if we stayed on the shady side of the street. From there, we walked to the library and got our cards. The girls checked out one book each since we hadn't brought bags to carry anything.

We wandered past a cafe that served cinnamon rolls the size of a kid's head. $1 each! Had to stop and get some, of course. I had a sandwich. Then we headed toward the newspaper office even though we could have picked up a paper at a number of other locations. I wanted an excuse to look at a street other than the main one.

Our final destination before home was the antique mall. My oldest daughter had been looking forward to this for quite some time. It was full of stuff (much of it not so different from items in my own house, I noticed). My son was fascinated with the old toy cars and if it weren't for the prices, I would have been a bit more interested, as well. The girls were looking at vintage clothing and books (we've got a vintage Nancy Drew collector on our hands).

At one point, however, I heard the oldest one muttering to her sister, "Next time we're coming with Aunt Diane. She takes the time to stop and look at things."

I guess I was just too happy with wandering through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright...I'm a shopaholic???