Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, June 30, 2006

Some Random Thoughts


  • Yesterday I woke up for the first time since my fall down the stairs feeling like I might actually be on the road to becoming a useful, productive person again. I’m walking at nearly full speed. Sitting and standing are becoming easier. Time to start thinking about working in some yoga to stretch out the rest of the kinks. Now to balance the recovering of my body with the recovering of my house!

  • Pool party yesterday for the kids’ book club. It was great! Kids let me get in the pool, as well, and the pool is a very nice place to be when your lower back is all out of whack. Great conversation with the moms, too.

  • Even though we’ve spent a heck of a lot of time at our previous residence this week, cleaning our house and showing it to potential buyers, we’ve had the opportunity to meet a few folk in our new town. Unfortunately, they’ve mostly been in the form of repairmen… the Roto-Rooter guys and an electrician. All I can say is that, considering the circumstances, they’ve all been top-notch people and a pleasure to deal with. I hope this coming week doesn’t find me on the road quite so much nor meeting new friends who hand me an invoice when the whole affair is over.

No comments: