Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Monday, March 03, 2008

What up?

Been out. Been around. Been going, going, going.

Kids and I went to Kansas City last week for our annual gathering with other homeschoolers at the Great Wolf Lodge. It was nice to get away... and then I ask myself what I'm getting away from. Housework perhaps. I missed the hubby. Wish we had dragged him along. But something about being away from home just changes the focus. I didn't have to think about work, or potential work -- I'd cleared my schedule for three days. I made a deliberate choice to leave the laptop at home so that I didn't even have easy access to my email. It was a nice span of time -- just the kids and I -- and good conversation with some of my favorite moms... and some fun at the waterpark. I like the tubes, the boat.

The weekend prior to that we travelled to KC (MO) and were treated to a 5-star breakfast buffet at the Sheraton. My sister-in-law works there, so we got a tour of the whole place. They happen to be opening a waterpark there, as well.

This weekend the kids had 4-H Days on Saturday, and on Sunday I went to Topeka with Cheryl for a talk on book publishing.

We've had two days of very spring-like weather. Wind! The wind on Sunday morning was wonderful and western-Kansas like... only wetter. But this morning it was cold and bone chilling again. Even the dogs seemed in a hurry to get home where it was warmer.

No comments: