Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Timeless Tuesday: Cousin Laura


1986 Yellowstone National Park ~ Laura and I

Middle munchkin has recently started doing this thing with her eyes that really kind of throws me. It's kind of a "puppy dog" look where she tips her chin down and looks up at you with her big brown eyes. The funny thing about it is that when she does this -- I see not my munchkin, but my cousin, Laura, years and years ago.

Laura was the youngest of my three cousins who lived "down the road" as I was growing up. Sisters -- all just a couple of years apart --and you can't imagine how happy I was when their family moved their house (quite literally -- on the bed of a big, huge truck!) about a quarter mile down the road from our family.

When Laura was really little (she was the youngest of the four of us) -- one of us read (or heard) that every third child born in the world was Chinese. Being the mean spirits we were -- we used to tease her endless. She was the third child, she must be Chinese, right?

I think she eventually forgave us. Growing up, there were lots of good times in my life with Laura and her sisters. I could probably fill dozens of Timeless Tuesdays with photos and the adventures we had together.

Today I select only a few photos from a particularly memorable trip we took together to Wyoming.


Laura & Mandy ~ Yellowstone

Some hot mud puddles at Yellowstone and creative photography!


This was an intentional photo of our shadows.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny - every third child. :-)

Glad you're keeping up the Timeless Tuesday thing.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! You girls, so coltish! I can imagine the fun you had! That's the first time I've seen a picture of Laura. Nice to have a face to go with the stories. M