Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Monthly Writing Stats

My numbers haven't changed too much this month, but I've gained some focus (no kidding, I really have!) and I'm feeling good about the direction things are headed.

2007 Summary of Writing Efforts so Far:
Potentials out there: 8
Successes (published): 1
Successes (I'm counting retained for possible publishing): 2
Rejections: 4

What I know from doing this before is that it really is a numbers game. The more you put stuff out there, the more likely something is going to catch on. Of course, when I was really working at it before I was focusing entirely on non-fiction and this time I'm focusing almost entirely on fiction. I think fiction is going to be a lot harder, but I'm hopeful. I kind of feel like a girl scout earning my badges... an essay here, an article there... a short story... maybe down the road. Maybe not too far down the road, even.

No comments: