Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Blog Stats

So I keep running across these numbers about blogs and reader comments. One blogger suggested that personal blogs (like mine) get one comment for every 20-30 readers. I enjoy looking at my stats now and then just to see. Most of the people who regularly comment on my blog are family and close friends (and a few I’ve picked up along the internet highway) and many times my posts provoke comments via email rather than the blog, and that’s cool. I like hearing from people.

Since the blog has taken place of letters “home,” I am happy to have this way of staying in touch.

My stats currently show that the blog averages 19 visitors per day. That number kind of surprises me. I did a quick calculation of my comments, and in the last month I’ve averaged 1.1 comments per blogging day. So if you take the 20-30 readers per comment as a guideline… gee, that must make me slightly above average.

I like to look at the cities that show up on the list of where my readers have come from. Some of you think I don’t know you are reading… but I’m pretty sure I know who you are. And thanks, it means a lot to me that you take the time to stop in frequently. Then again, it might be just a coincidence that I have frequent readers from cities where I actually know people.

I also enjoy watching the search words that get people to my blog. My current favorites are “that spinny head feeling” and “see inside my house kitchen.”

No comments: