Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Still here...

I've developed a routine, of sorts, for wrapping the year up and this year I'm feeling a little late getting into it. Traditionally we send out holiday letters complete with photos and lots of detail. I was getting pretty good at getting those out before Thanksgiving. This year, I'm still dwelling on the letter part.

A couple of years ago (inspired by my work at the print shop) I started making calendars for family members and friends. This has become, perhaps, my favorite holiday project. However, I'm up to four different calendar designs now, and by working on all four at once, I'm finding that none of them are getting completed.

The big event here, however, is that dear hubby was "recognized" as a law school graduate on Saturday. It was a very pleasant weekend. We had portions of his family and mine here. Everyone was dressed up so nice and pretty, I got to take a lot of pictures. But it was odd, in a way. I was really focused on getting the kids in nice clothes, getting us there on time, but the REASON we were there just wasn't sinking in. This is the END of law school, folks! I should be doing cartwheels.

Instead, I'm watching him bury his nose in books for finals (still ahead of us) and the bar exam (almost three months away). I'll be celebrating come March, I guess.

An arctic winter has hit. We've had little in the way of softly falling snow, but temperatures remain well-below freezing and even walking the dog has proven to be nothing better than miserable. (Luckily, dear hubby takes pity on me and often lets me stay in where it's warm.) I'm feeling very Mama Bear like. I just want to curl up under some blankets and hibernate till spring arrives.

No comments: