Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Inspirations and Potential: Or Maybe I Should Call This Linky Love

I'd half had thoughts today about writing up some silly entry for April Fool's Day. Nothing was coming to me, however, just the idea that it might be fun to do. Instead, I ended up having a rather productive day that included scheduling next week's posts for my new Kansas Food Stories blog and wrapping up the farmers market newsletter for April. I also took a walk downtown and back again. The weather is unbelievably gorgeous right now. We received a second bonus CSA delivery yesterday and I find myself wondering if we are going to get punished down the road for the lack of a real winter and the bounty of an early spring.

For now, however, it's the end of the first day of April and I am full of inspiration and positive thoughts. The world is bursting with potential.

  • Today is the opening day for the Kansas Authors Club Annual Literary Contest.  
  • If you are really into contests, it is also the opening day for the Whispering Prairie Press contest, which is featured on their new and pretty website.
  • Saw this quote on Cheryl's Facebook page today and I liked it so much I wanted to copy it to keep for myself. "I believe that we are here for each other, not against each other. Everything comes from an understanding that you are a gift in my life - whoever you are, whatever our differences." ~John Denver. The world doesn't always feel like this right now, but if we all just made up our minds that this is the way it is, couldn't we change that pretty quickly?
  • Saw my Dad this weekend and it was a lovely, long and relaxed visit. 
  • Sent my baby girl (sweet 16) west with my Dad. I will miss her this week, but I am also excited about all the fun she will have and the people she will see.
  • Went to the library today and brought home a stack of books about the way the mind works. I love stacks of books. I love that the library can provide me with stacks of just about any topic that intrigues me for the moment.
  • My lawn is full of yellow dandelions and purple somethings. I know they are all weeds, but the lawn sure does look happy when it is so colorful.
  • I have been keeping up with my photo albums month by month this year. I still need to fill in some gaps from 2009 and 2011 when I got so behind, but I am keeping up with the days once again and for March had several pages of photos to add. I think I had stopped taking photos because I felt so bad about not keeping up with the albums. Now that I am on the ball again, my shutter finger seems to be working again.
Photos to share:

My Dad and the 16th Birthday Girl

The aftermath of a package of gifts from my fantabulous sister, also known as Aunt Diane.

No comments: