Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, November 30, 2007

Waaaa -- I don't have time to blog

Working in the mornings and hanging out with my kids in the afternoons... the "plan" is to come back and blog in the evening before bed. But last night my head was on the pillow by 8:30 and anything I had to say I figured would best be left until my head was fresh and clear.

Life is good, but I sure could use an extra couple of hours of awake time each day.

I'll leave you with this Friday's Feast for now.


Appetizer
What is your favorite carnival/amusement park ride?

Tough one. Probably something mild like a carosel or little train ride. I was introduced to amusement parks at a late age (early 20s) and, while I did get a thrill out of a roller coaster ride or two, these days I think I would worry too much about how it was going to affect my back or give me various other aches and pains.

So, how old does that make me sound?

Soup
How do you react in uncomfortable social situations?

Depends on if I foresee the discomfort coming ahead of time or not. When I'm surprised by it, I generally duck my head and turn the other way. If I have time to prepare myself, I tend to follow some sort of pre-rehearsed (in my head at least) reaction. There's nothing worse than walking away from a situation wishing you had spoke up or behaved differently.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy discussing deep, philosophical topics?

10 -- but I won't have these types of discussions with just anyone. I can't stand talking with people who think they are discussing ideas and philosophies, but really just end up arguing emotionally for some personal cause. Discussion involves input and output. I hate when people get emotional and start to make these kinds of discussions personal, and worse yet when they turn around and claim they were only talking about ideas and philosophies. There is a difference between saying what you think about a subject and turning what you think about a subject into an attack. I appreciate conversations with people who can tell the difference.

So I guess I like discussion, but not so much debate. But I love listening to intelligent people who can debate with passion and never let it turn personal.

Main Course
Did you get a flu shot this year? If not, do you plan to?

Absolutely not. Will not. Shall not. Ever.

Dessert
Approximately how many hours per week do you spend watching television?

Right now, I probably spend 3 hours per week where I actually sit down and focus 80% or more of my attention to television. I might hit the 4-8 hour range if you include times when I listen to the television while doing other stuff on the computer or watch movies or shows while I multitask to keep myself awake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So, how old does that make me sound?"
Older than me! hahahahahaha