Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Who decided it was a good idea for the 4th of July to fall on a Wednesday?



Man is my calendar all topsy turvy. Feels like a Monday, but it's a Friday. Looking for my freshly organized and ready-to-go Monday spirit, but my desk is still a mess and my jobs for the week all half-done.

We spent the holiday in Pittsburg with friends. Good times. Drove through St. Paul, Kansas on the way there. The Neosho River had spilled over it's banks last weekend with all the rain and we were amazed to see just how much water there still was. The highway was dry, but water came up to both sides for at least a half mile on either side of the river. Of course, I didn't have my camera out on the way there, but I did pull it out on the way back. Even though the waters had dropped significantly in 24 hours, there was still a lot of water.

Meanwhile, the news from western Kansas per my brother (who stopped in for a surprise visit on Tuesday) is that they've had rain too and everything is green, green, green. Still no water in the Arkansas River, however.

No comments: