Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Book Thoughts: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Twelve hours straight reading, I finished at 1 o'clock this morning -- I wonder how long it takes for the eyestrain headache to ease up? It was worth it, however. I've been on an all-media blackout to avoid catching any spoilers. I shall provide none here.

Let's just say... I'm content with J.K. Rowlings final book in the Harry Potter series.

She threw in some laughs (I'm not one who typically laughs out loud, but she got me more than once with some rather entertaining passages.) As well, I cried hard enough through one chapter that I had to go wash my face in order to continue.

Middle Munchkin is sticking by her vow to read the entire series on her own. Munchkin #1 is just pages away from being done. Hubby is taking his turn with his nose in the book today. (Did I mention that we ended up with two copies? I should be ashamed. I really should. But, we bought two, none-the-less.)

The Harry Potter Party here was awesome. I'll post some pictures later. It was a block party -- all open-air. MUCH better than standing in B&N with 300-400 other HP fans in Topeka. MUCH better!

Evie was a champ -- staying up to get the book at midnight and then up in time for the 4-H dog show Saturday morning. She was third overall in showmanship. The dog show was very long, however, and she and the pup were pretty tired by the time the obedience portion was coming to a close. They didn't fair nearly so well. But it's the experience that counts. They did very well for their first time out. And at least J.K. Rowling won't be scheduling another book release to coincide with next year's dog show!

1 comment:

B. Fred said...

The Harry Potter book was a good read. I just finished it myself. I told my son I would finish it within 24-36 hours. I made it in 24. Now it will be my husbands turn. He reads so much slower than I that I couldn't let him get his hands on it before me. It will take him about a week to read it. I just couldn't wait that long. I know your kids will enjoy it too.