Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

He's Twice as Old as Me

So my dad dropped by last week to inform me that I was no longer a kid. He and I are in that odd place where my age is currently 1/2 his. (Ha! Dad! Everyone knows how old you are now!!) It happened last year on my birthday and it will happen again this year when his birthday comes around. I guess it happens everyone twice, unless you happen to share a birthday with your parent, then it only happens once.


I don't know why it feels so significant. We were figuring out hubby's and he was half his parents' ages when he was in his early twenties. Since I was the baby of the family, by quite a bit, it's taken me much, much longer to get there.... and perhaps just that much longer to finally stop being the kid... at least, in my dad's eyes.


I do have to say that seeing my dad at this age gives me great hope. He seems to be getting on quite well and kicking just as enthusiastically as he ever did. If he's any clue to what I'll be 37 years from now, that's just fine by me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be a NUT, just like him!