Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, April 20, 2007

Is there any SLUMBER in a Par-Tay?

Do you remember being 11? 12? 13?

I thought I did... until I filled my house with girls that age and listened to them talk, laugh, giggle, for hours on end.

Did I ever have that much energy? Did I ever talk so loud or laugh so hard or giggle so contagiously that all my friends giggled right along with me?

Before the slumber party, I was feeling exhausted from preparations. Scheduling. Cleaning. Organizing. Planning snacks. Fretting about whether each girl would be happy, feel welcome, want to come again.

I think they are, do, will.

I'd forgotten about slumber parties. I'm so glad to be reminded.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Did I ever talk so loud or laugh so hard or giggle so contagiously that all my friends giggled right along with me?" Did you ever!!!

LoryKC said...

Whew! I hope you got some sleep after the fact!
We've had a few here with my daughter--only 8! She was supposed to attend one this past weekend but had to come home for a time--enough drama there for a whole post!
Anyway--hope they all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Forget the giggling, don't fall asleep for fear of getting picked on. Missy wake up your moms here. Who's got the jalapeno peppers and where is my shoe while Vettie over there snoring!! What was it again that we did at slumber parties Tracy?