Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Monday, April 09, 2007

Bustin' My Buttons!

Munchkin #2 gave a talk at 4-H tonight. It was a rerun of a project she put together for a homeschool playdate a few months ago -- a talk about Antarctica. I thought from the homeschool performance that she would do fine, but I was a little blown away by just how fine she was. She stood up straight and her voice was loud and clear. She spoke with enthusiasm and confidence. And on the way home she started asking when she could do another...

I'm glad that my daughter had fun. I also walked away feeling just a little bit taller. There was a teeny-tiny part of me remembering my own crash and burn at a 4-H meeting when I was probably about her age. I ended up in tears in the bathroom, but my daughter took the stage like she was made for it.

These are the hubby's genes showing through. He is particularly skilled at public speaking and gets a kick out of having an audience. I'm awed, all the same. That was my girl up there! My very own little superstar!

No comments: