Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, June 16, 2006

Day 1 – New House

Sometime last year I remember discussing my dream house with some good friends. We were taking turns describing the places we’d like to live in and my dream house was very much an old farmhouse type of place. Bedrooms upstairs for the kids. Big, open rooms below. Lots of yard (if not truly in a rural setting).

Yesterday we received the keys to that house… our new ***very old*** rooms-upstairs, lots-of-yard house.

I will be honest. The question, “What the hell was I thinking?” has gone through my head too many times to count. Standing in the kitchen yesterday, trying to decide what to clean first, I had to keep reminding myself that this house was pretty darned close to what I had described.

The kitchen/dining room, however, looked much better with the previous owner’s beautiful big table and old upright piano in it. Now that it’s empty, it looks rather… well, like a really old house that could use some attention.

We are getting out the paint brushes this weekend. There’s quite a bit of cleaning to do, but the kids and I got a good start yesterday and it looks like a job we can conquer. I know once our own stuff is moved in and the place starts to look a little more familiar, it’ll become the home we were hoping for. Until then, I’m just going to focus on cleaning and making it mine – one room at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

So need an old upright piano to make
the house look fabulous....hummm