Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, April 07, 2006

Just when I was getting excited about rejections…

…a really nice woman from the Winfield Arts & Humanities Council called!!!

Apparently, I have an honorable mention in the Kansas Voices Contest. This is soooo cool! (I’ve been mulling more eloquent terms for some time now, but WOW, COOL, GOLLY GEE, and YABADABADOO are all that seem to be coming to me.)

Yay me!

2006 Fiction Count
Rejections Received: 1
Potentials Out: 1
Successes: 1

3 comments:

LoryKC said...

Congratulations!!!!
Yabadabadoo seems perfectly appropriate at at time like this!

Deeapaulitan said...

For those of us not in Kansas, will you explain the background of the contest? Do we get to read what you wrote??

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree...YABADABADOO!!! Congratulations Tracy!

Tracy Million Simmons said...

This is the 17th year for the Kansas Voices contest. It is open to all residents of Kansas and many well-respected KS authors have been past winners. Here is an article that tells about it.
http://sunflower.wichita.edu/2006/1/23/news003.htm

I have added the link to the blog entry, as well.