Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Unfashionable Pants

Today it was brought to my attention that my pants (my FAVORITE pants) have fallen out of fashion. I can't say that there has ever been a time in my life when my clothing choices have been ruled by fashion, but I also can't say that I've actually ever been wearing clothes as the particular style that they are is being ridiculed.

Twice in the recent past I've had co-workers inform me that pants (that fit the colors we are required to wear at work) are on sale in certain stores. I had assumed they were thinking of my starting-to-fray hems and that maybe they'd noted the falling cuff I thought I had descretely safety pinned. Perhaps, however, they were trying to rescue me from this fashion faux paus.

But here's the deal: I KNOW my pants are unfashionable -- you can't buy ANYTHING like them in the store, after all. But I also know that my crack doesn't show when I bend over and I can eat a full meal (plus dessert) without busting out of them. You know what? I'm happy in my behind-the-times pants. And I'll keep wearing them, thank you very much. And eventually... if they hold up... MY pants will once again BE the fashion and I can say, of course, I've been wearing them all along.

So there.

No comments: