Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Timeless Tuesday: Sea of Green



In Kansas we have seas of green that turn to shades of gold as time goes by. This is western Kansas. This is the image that would fill my mind 15 years ago when I was far from home and would stand on the shore in Galveston, Texas and marvel at the expanse of ocean and sky. They have ocean waves. We have waves of grain.

Those kids out there swimming are my two big brothers and my big sister. I am guessing that this photo was taken sometime around 1965-66, when they were ages 4, 6, and 8? Or maybe 5, 7, and 9?







Go visit my friend Magoo for a great Timeless Tuesday entry. She put some heart into it for a fantastic post! And go ahead and leave a comment and a link if you decide to do your own. What's the subject? Old photographs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked my aunts' posts too? Timeless Tuesday is catching on! Thanks for the props!

Anonymous said...

Hello, we have certrainly enjoyed your example of Timeless Tuesday. I shall add you to my protected list so you can be a part of our Xanga family. You have a sweet blog I shall visit you frequently!
btw I am magoo's aunt dba Lucy_or_Ethel on Xanga.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture Goobmom. You do well encouraging "going through life without a recipe". Makes them brave.
OC

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me into your life. I am Magoo's aunt. Get ready, her mom is my husband's sister. I have seen some of your photos when Magoo sends us this way.
Good to meet you, come visit me, too.
Peace