Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Monday, April 23, 2007

It's not a pond until the fish are swimming.

Until recently I blamed it on the kids, but I must have a thing for fish. We have a small tank of guppies in the house, two betta fish remaining from munchkin #1's second betta breeding attempt, and, as of today, we have six goldfish in a pond in the yard.

The kids and I have been working on an ornamental yard pond for the past couple of weeks. It's been a bit slow going -- the snow, the cold and all. We've been looking forward to adding fish and when I went out with Cheryl last week, she mentioned that they just might have a few extras. We thought we were picking small ones, but I think our perception may have been skewed because we were comparing our selections to Cheryl's huge koi. It was at least a foot long and she thought it was about 9 years old.

Our pond isn't complete, but it sure feels closer now that the fish are swimming.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your water is so clean! The fish didn't look that big when you pulled them out, but compared to the lily, they look HUGE.

LoryKC said...

What a fun idea--and great photos!