Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rough Weekend

An entry just for the purpose of letting you know why I've been quiet... my kids would tell you not to talk to me right now 'cause I'm really, really NOT being nice.

Why? I hurt!

On Sunday we were moving furniture into our new home. Hubby was pulling a rather large dresser up the stairs and I thought I'd provide help by pushing. I WAS helping, I think, until he managed to pin his foot beneath the beast. With full warning, he asked if I thought I could hold it just long enough for him to get his feet back under him. Long story short -- I couldn't. I tumbled backward down the stairs with the beast tumbling right along after me. Hubby got it stopped -- thank goodness. But I hit pretty hard, backside first. If you're lucky, I'll share some pictures of my pretty bruises (not of my backside, of course, but I have plenty of others to share).

Anyway, yesterday I still managed to do quite a bit of unpacking. Sitting is more of an issue than standing... getting to the sit and back up from the sit is the worst part. I'm not broken, but feeling pretty beat up. Today I woke up with new aches, probably the result of favoring all the old ones yesterday.

Backing up a bit... we had some excitement on Friday, as well. I'd taken the kids to the pool to break from all the work we'd been doing. Everyone had a great time swimming. As we were leaving, however, my son tripped and fell. He hit his head on a decorative border of bricks alongside the sidewalk. Another long story short -- he ended up with five stitches in his forehead.

I'm thinking helmets, knee pads, elbow pads... maybe bubble wrap... might be a good idea for this family all the way around.


Okay... I've added pictures...

First my baby's stitches:


Now me:


3 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh Dear! Poor Babies all around!

Anonymous said...

Seeing your bruises makes me cringe! I had a similar occurance with a heavy table top but luckily was on the TOP side.

The cool waters of the pool would help your bruises. I hope you got in, too!

Magoo's Mom

Anonymous said...

OUCH! That looks awful! I'm sure it feels even worse and that's awful! Take it easy on yourself. Those boxes won't go anywhere!