Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Timeless Tuesday: Kansas Authors Club

In support of KAC, I share some scenes from past KAC conventions.

Youth Poetry Winners from 2006

The youth contest is one of the most worthy projects of the Kansas Authors Club, in my opinion. If you do no more than come to just watch the faces of these kids as they are recognized for their writing efforts, you've spent your time well.


Jonathan Holdren, the first Kansas Poet Laurete, was keynote speaker in 2006.


In 2004, the club celebrated its centennial with special guests from the past, including William Allen White (as portrayed by Fred Krebs, right). White was a member of the Kansas Authors Club from 1905 until his death in 1944.


Children's book author, Jane Kurtz, was also a speaker at the centennial convention. (top right in the above photo)


... and here I am in a common pose at KAC conventions... shelling out money for books!

Scroll on down to the next entry for details about the upcoming KAC convention.

1 comment:

Meg Waite Clayton said...

Bravo for encouraging young poets! I started writing poetry and although I'm now a novelist, I often read poetry for inspiration. It's such a hard thing, to believe you can write - we all need encouragement!

-Meg Clayton (author of The Wednesday Sisters; I lived in Kansas until I was 7)