Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Is this a brown cat?

Cheryl, at Flyover People wonders why cats don't have brown fur. I emailed her that I thought some of them did. We once had a mackerel tabby (this is what the vet called him, I didn't come up with it on my own) that I would have said was a brown cat. The more I think about it, however, I'm not sure that he would qualify as truly brown.

I asked hubby what color he thought our cat was. His answer? Green and brown and gray.

Now green... that's a color I really hadn't considered for a cat. But the way dear hubby discerns colors is really worthy of a whole 'nother conversation.

Anyway, I've been thinking about all the cats I had as a kid (lots of barn cats on a farm) and it's true that I cannot remember a single cat, until Mo, that I would have called brown. So now Cheryl has got me wondering, too.

Why aren't there more brown cats?

This was little Mo (short for Maurice) when we first got him in 1994.


Here he is a few years later when kiddo #1 was born.

No comments: