Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dare I entertain you? Wink at you perhaps?

The day before the worst day: poison ivy (or something) of the eye area.

Since several people have asked, and I've never been especially shy about photographs, even awful photographs, in the past... I decided to go ahead and post my swollen eye picture. I only do this because the swelling now seems to be 100% gone and I can rest assured that, No, I will not look like this for the rest of my life. Not that I was ever really worried, but you have to admit that these are the thoughts that go through a mind at times like these.

I have one more day of medication to take and I have to admit that I am really ready to return to my low-key, drug free lifestyle. Benadryl makes me sleep; steriods rev me up beyond belief. I was wide awake at about 2 o'clock this morning and solving all the worlds problems, as well as making fantastic plans for the farmers market, the Kansas Authors Club, and then some. Rolled out of bed and have been going all day, though not actually accomplishing all I had figured out in my mind the wee hours of the morning and stumbling through what I did accomplish more than I am accustomed to. It's weird to be wired; but not on top of things. Full of energy; but lacking precision. I'm still not feeling tired. Actually contemplating more Benadryl just to see if it will get me through a sleep filled night, but I can't say sleeping with the crawly bugs was very restful either.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would ever choose medication of any kind over finding ways to remain well. Stay out of the poison ivy, is my lesson. Stay far away, in fact, from anything that might even resemble poison ivy. And just in case, I shall be more fastidious about de-oiling myself when I come in from wilderness type situations. Obviously I was meant to be a home bound writer. My vast front yard has now become a wilderness to me.

I had a public appearance tonight, a talk at a local Kiwanis meeting about the farmers market. I talked too fast and probably outdid my allotted time, but I'm calling this one a success. It was a room full of warm and energetic people who seemed to have a lot of fun together and not take themselves too seriously. I hope to be seeing more of several of them, as market customers, at the very least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got the whole 'quazimodo' eye look going on! :) Just teasing...hope it's getting better. Justine