Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

How I Know They are Listening

Munchkin #1 enjoys baking. Cookies, pies and other delectable treats are among her favorite things to make. This is good for me. The only thing better than having homemade goodies in the house is having homemade goodies in the house that someone else makes for you.

Over the past couple of years, Munchkin #1 has experimented with things like dipping her treats in chocolate and occasionally tweaking recipes so that they include things like whole wheat.

Yesterday, she made caramels.

My weakness is caramel... more than chocolate, more than tart fruity flavors... I love caramel.

And this caramel, she informed me, was made with cream from a Kansas dairy and local honey. No high fructose corn syrup.

This is how I know they are listening. My girl came up with a "healthy" caramel recipe. One I can fully support.

Her plan today is to insert those caramels (those I didn't eat yesterday) into some sort of chocolate cookie.

Did I mention?  YUM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. I love goodies and have a serious cake/cookie/candy monkey on my back! I wish my girls would do the baking!