Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Final Monday Morning of the Year

I was driven from bed this morning by dark thoughts. Ridiculous, dwelling on stuff out of my control, bordering on paranoid... dark thoughts. Sometimes just getting upright helps.

I thought maybe this would be a good morning to catch up on my photo albums. Alas, I have not been able to find my album in progress, so the search turned to cleaning up my desk a bit, which led to cleaning up my corner of the room, which led to dreams of grander cleaning and organizing... and it all started to sound so complicated (so much like work) that I thought perhaps a left-over Christmas cookie and a glass of milk would be a better route.

At least the dark thoughts are gone.

And there are plenty of cookies left over.

I am contemplating making no resolutions for the New Year. I don't know if this is a Monday morning, being driven from bed by dark thoughts thing, or if my enthusiasm for self-improvement has truly passed. Maybe this is as good as things are going to get. Maybe my plate is full enough and I just need to continue to focus on here and now. Or learn to focus on here and now a little better. Whatever, I'm not going to resolve to do it.

If I'm not doing it already, its not something I need to have done. Apparently.

2 comments:

bs said...

Dark thoughts? woke me up too.
As it lingered I shouted,
"It is ALL fine today, BE positive!"

Anonymous said...

I've always admired your resolutions. Your resolve and follow-thru is even more impressive. But resolving not make resolutions is also a good way to go about it. Happy anniversary, by the way!
Melissa