Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Grown Up Meme

This is one I came across ages ago. I believe I first saw it at Ronnie's and/or Frank's. Just found it in my "edits" folder and decided it was high time I finish it.

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? Here's a list of questions for the people who are a little older. Copy and paste into your own note, then answer the questions. Finally, tag your friends (including me, please!). The usual thing, in other words.


If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.


1. What bill do you hate paying the most?

The loan from when hubby was in law school -- it's a reminder of how much more frugal I should have been when I wasn't and I keep thinking how much easier life would be now if I had been.


2. Do you miss being a child?

Some days I'm not altogether convinced that I'm done growing up.


3. Chore you hate the most?

Cleaning out the cat box -- but I chose to have a cat, so I don't really feel that I should complain about it.


4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?

The sad thing is that I can't remember the last time I had a romantic dinner (and neither can the hubby... I just asked). I'm thinking it was probably at home. (This was my answer in October, but...)

Last night we went out to eat for our anniversary! Oh... but romantic... we took the kids last night, but we did do a movie alone (Sherlock Holmes) the night before.


5. If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be?

I would be more appreciative/less critical of my mom.


6. Name of your first grade teacher?

Mrs. York.


7. What do you really want to be doing right now?

This is pretty much it. My expectations are pretty low for the moment.


8. What did you want to be when you grew up?

What age am I when you are asking?

5 - Writer
7 - Pig Farmer and President
8 - Teacher
9 - Writer
11 - Psychologist (I just liked the word and was proud of myself for knowing how to spell it)
14 - Writer
16 - Psychologist/Brain & Behavior Scientist
17 - Writer
19 - Doctor/Neurologist
21 - Writer

9. How many colleges did you attend?

Two - Pittsburg State University (1 year) and The University of Kansas (3 years). Three if you count the class I took at Dodge City Community College while I was still in high school.


10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?

It was the closest thing available when I decided the t-shirt I was wearing was not enough for warmth.


11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?

I try not to think too hard about it and encourage myself to ride my bike as often as possible (which is unfortunately not much these days... from lack of encouragment rather than possibility).


12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?

Already?

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?

I was so tired, I think sleep precluded any thoughts I might have been capable of having.


14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Judy Blume


15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?

Nope. I backed my grandmother's vehicle into a trash dumpster once. I also once backed my dad's car into another car (also belonging to my dad). Oh, and one time I ran the car I was driving into the back of the car hubby was driving at a stop light in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I don't know what was going through my head. We were caravaning and I was just really focused on staying on his bumper, I guess. But no major car crashes in my universe -- thank goodness!


16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?

Wait a minute... are you saying that if I work I shouldn't be volunteering? Or if I volunteer, I shouldn't have to work? I've apparently got this one all screwed up. I think I've had some sort of volunteer job/community involvement for most of my life... alongside whatever else I was doing.


17. Get up early or sleep in?

Get up early in my productive phases; sleep in when I'm on break.


18. What is your favorite cartoon character?

Shaggy and Scooby Doo.


19. Favorite thing to do at night?

Stargaze or sleep. (Sleep usually wins, but I like the idea of stargazing.)


20. When did you first start feeling old?

The year we moved to Emporia and I fell down the stairs.


21. Favorite lunch meat?

Virginia Brand Ham.


22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?

Tough one... I'm thinking a big hunk of cheese most often tops the list.


23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?

No. In fact, it's something I'd like to see people take a little more seriously these days.


24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?

It should be kind of obvious by now that I'm pretty much an open book when it comes to stuff like this ... I'm having a hard time thinking what might qualify. I'm a big fan of Peter Pan movies... pretty much all of them that I have seen... anything with a pan-like theme.


25. What's your favorite drink?

Alcoholic? Frozen margarita, don't forget the salt.

Otherwise, I've become rather fond of green tea with a bit of sugar and lemon in it... so that it's almost more lemonade than tea.


26. Who from high school would you like to run into?

I keep in touch with everyone from high school that I would like to keep in touch with. Sure would be nice to see Bill Evans (and family) in person, but he's pretty good about posting photos online and he does send notes when harrassed enough, so I won't complain too loudly.


27. What radio station is your car radio tuned into right now?

I have no idea. My daughter takes care of those details for me these days.


28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?

Never seen Sopranos. Frequently watched Housewives up until this year.


29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?

By now, it feels as if it was a huge stepping stone toward making us the rock we are today... so I no longer spend time dwelling there. In short, I don't want to talk about it. (Yep, even after all that open book stuff above.)


30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?

Not applicable.


31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?

I have a vague memory of using our fire extinguisher, but I can't remember the specifics of a fire. It seems like it was the kitchen in the house we lived at in Dodge City.


32. Last book you finished reading?

Traveling with Pomegranates, a Mother-Daughter Story, by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor. (That was my answer back in October when I started this thing.)

Today, Psych Major Syndrome, by Alicia Thompson. This was a book I lifted from my daughter's library pile. The title was simply too intriguing. It was cute. A love story with a bit of humor. The writer was definately a psych major, of that I could relate.


33. Do you have a teddy bear?

Yes. The crazy quilt bear my mom made, a KU bear my mom made, and the hubby, of course.


34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?

At the kitchen sink? I live such a strange, strange life.


35. Do you go to church?

Nope.


36. How old are you?

39.5 years

1 comment:

Cap'n Franko said...

Ha! Good one. Thanks for playing along. I'd almost forgotten that meme.