Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Good Morning

So my daughter comes in this morning and says, "Are you taking us this morning?"

And I say, "Sure. Yep."

And she says, "Okay... well... we're all up and... you are ... you know, still in bed."

"Well, yeah," I say, "But I'm awake in bed. It's not like I'm sleeping."

"Uh huh," she says, with just a note of skepticism.

By the time I am out of bed, all three kids are sitting at the kitchen table, finishing up their breakfasts of miscellaneous leftovers, receiving a lecture from dad on corporations vs. limited liability something-or-nothers.

I'm thinking... it's not even 8am!

Actually, I shouldn't use the word lecture. He was simply responding to questions. Questions that my kids manage to ask before eight in the morning. And he uses examples like "mom's underwear" and some visual where mom is giving dad a good whooping(maybe he was on to some other legal subject by then, I'm really not sure) and everyone is laughing and having a good time.

My family.

No comments: