Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Book Review: Best Friends Forever

I bet you thought I'd stopped reading! I haven't... just haven't been moved to write about anything I've read lately.

I finally got a hold of Jennifer Weiner's new book, Best Friends Forever, and devoured it this weekend. Weiner has managed to write yet another novel that is greatly entertaining. In fact, I think she just keeps getting better. (I really enjoyed Certain Girls and Good in Bed, but both had endings that felt a little awkward... didn't leave me quite as satisfied as I would have liked.)

BFF was a perfect read for the end of a "vacation" week.

Her stories are funny and touching. She certainly kept me turning the pages to find out how this one all came out, though I caught on to the "surprise" ending fairly early in the book. (I had to keep reading to make sure that I was right.) It's so nice to read a book that doesn't leave me feeling weepy and sad.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can't wait to read it!