Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Timeless Tuesday ~ Molly



When I was a kid, I had a pig-friend named Molly. She was a runt, of course. Our neighbors raised pigs and I begged my parents for a little one. I'm pretty sure I was inspired by Charlotte's Web and the neighbor was glad to accommodate me.

Molly had black spots on her rump and on her nose. I fed her with a baby bottle, dressed her in baby clothes (when she was quite small), and led her around the yard on a dog leash.

Just like Charlotte's Wilbur, Molly grew up to be very big pig. She had two liters of babies before we sent her away (to a farm--how cliche--but I really believe they kept her to have more babies). While living with us she had two very large liters.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh. What a cute story! I