Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rhubarb Delivery

I know I'm a bit slow, but last week we got our first delivery from the CSA for the season.


Rhubarb!!

Early in the week we made Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake. Superb. I highly recommend it. Then we made Rhubarb Crisp and ate it over vanilla ice cream.

Yum! Yum! Yum!

On Saturday, the Emporia Farmer's Market starts at 8am!

Market Manager, Tracey Graham, says the following products will be for sale.

ASPARAGUS
EGGS
GREEN ONIONS
HONEY
JELLIES
BABY LETTUCES
MAKE-A-SALAD KITS
MOREL MUSHROOMS!!!
RADISHES
RHUBARB
SPINACH
BAKED GOODS including cinnamon rolls
and twists, cookies, yeast & sweet breads
BIRD HOUSES, ORIOLE FEEDERS and
HANDSPUN WOOL YARNS

Guess you know where I will be on Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Grab some of those mushrooms! How much were they selling for a pound? If you don't mind me asking! That rhubard looks yummy! I love, love, love it! This is your happy day with the opening! Can't wait to hear what you found!

Heather Lake said...

There was a CSA delivery last week?? I thought the first one was this Tuesday!