Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Posting Some Pictures


I have had the honor of getting to know this lovely young woman for the past several years now. Larissa is from our homeschooling gang. She and my daughter have become good friends over the last several years and her momma and I hang out as often as time and distance allows.
When I heard that Larissa was planning her graduation, I jumped at the opportunity to take pictures. She spent the weekend with us and patiently allowed me to play photographer until we ended up with many, many lovely photos memorializing the occasion.

Generally, I would say that Larissa is a bit camera shy, but we warmed her up and I think she ended up having almost as much fun as I did.



Last night I hosted an overnight for some of the girls at The Light Center in Baldwin City, Kansas. As I looked around, it hit me that I am going to have many more occasions--quite soon-- to take pictures of milestone occasions. One of the girls brought a photo slideshow she had created on her computer and I was reminded of just how young they all were when we started getting together. Those little girl faces are all quickly turning into beautiful young women. It makes me feel a bit dizzy to think how much they have all grown in the time that I've known them, and it still does feel like a very short time to me. At the same time, I like the idea that maybe they think of me as somebody who has been around in their lives for long time now, and will hopefully be a part of their lives for many years to come.

That's my munchkin in the middle there with the bunny ears over her head.

No comments: