Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Monday, February 02, 2009

A New Day

Hubby had a head cold last weekend, and I naively thought that it just might pass me by. Munchkin Boy had it by early last week and by Wednesday I started suspecting it was going to get me, too.

I did all the right stuff -- the home remedies, pumping up my vitamin C intake, drinking lots of water, and making sure I was getting lots of rest. It caught me anyway. The sinus headache hit me hard on Friday. It was just a head cold -- but it sure sucked the energy right out of me. So I mostly napped through the weekend. Lots of nap. Then to bed early. Then sleeping in.

And today I pulled myself out of bed because I can't stand the thought of another day of feeling unmotivated and stuffy. I didn't want to - but I started the day with yoga (the way every day would start in an ideal world). For the first 5 minutes I grumbled a lot. The second 5 minutes I started feeling like maybe I could put a little heart into it. And by the end I was remembering who I was and what I stand for.

I still sound a little funny to myself, but today is a new day. I'm going to be better today. I don't yet know where the day will lead, but I'm taking the fact that I'm out of bed and upright as a sign of good things to come.

No comments: