Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, December 12, 2008

Sleep Disrupted

When I had babies and while my children were still very young, I honestly can't ever remember feeling seriously sleep deprived. My kids slept with me and the need to get up for middle of the night feedings... and whatever else it is that young parents do in the middle of the night... simply didn't exist in our home. We had a family bedroom up until two houses ago and I highly recommend such a setup for anyone who is starting a family.

Our dog, however, has occasional tummy troubles that are currently affecting our sleep. Hubby was up once last night and he prevailed upon me to get up the second time. He was up at least once the night before, as well. On the positive side, at least Nancy (the dog) is mature enough to let us know she has issues to be taken care of and she throws enough of a fit to wake one of us to let her out in the middle of the night. I definitely prefer that to mid-night clean up and early morning doggy baths.

And we've found the routine that seems to restore our pup to normal now. A little pepto and some plain rice added to her food for a day or two seems to do the trick.

Now I just have to figure a way to get myself through the grumpies I seem to develop whenever my sleep is disrupted. Funny how 10 little minutes in the middle of the night (well, 20, I was technically awake while hubby was on doggy duty, as well) totally kills a morning routine.

No comments: