Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Quiet Sunday Morning

Munchkin Boy came down early today, like every other day, and his mind was was already bubbling over with things to do.

"I need to think of things to represent the past, present and future," he said.

Actually, he mostly wanted my input on the future. He was going to make a picture of a dagger to represent the past, a cell phone to represent the present, and he couldn't decide what to do for the future.

"How about a new age car?" I suggested.

"Nope. It' has to be something that fits in your hand," he said.

"How about the keys to your future vehicle?" I said.

He apparently liked that idea. Within a half hour he was back showing me the "combination lock" for a flying car.

The whole morning has been like this -- the kids are moving about in almost complete silence as they build, create, and transport materials up to their room. That's usually a sure sign that something secret is going on.

And since everything is getting wrapped in newspaper from the recycle bin, per the conversations I've overheard, I'm guessing I got the inside scoop on somebody's Christmas gift.

Whatever they're making, I wouldn't mind finding a picture of my future car beneath the tree this year.

No comments: