Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

And on the 8th day...

I resist the urge to photoshop a dozen photos of myself...


I survived the 7 Days Experiment. It was actually quite a pleasure to get up and get around each morning with thoughts to how presentable I was rather than just rolling out of bed, turning on the computer, and getting to work.

It felt like I had a few more moments of connecting with the hubby in the mornings, which is always a bonus, but there were some unexpected benefits, as well, like better posture. I didn't spend my warm-up time running fingers through messy hair (cause it was already fiddled with) and slouching over my keyboard, surfing the internet, trying to get myself motivated to get started. I guess it switched up my morning routine enough that I "woke up" before going to work instead of just easing myself into an awake state of being.

Another side perk (or is it?) is the record-breaking number of photos I took of myself this week to document the experience. I take a lot of pictures as near-daily habit, but I'm rarely on the front side of the camera.

Do I have plans to continue this new routine?

Perhaps. To some extent, anyway.

Hubby has a good summary of everyone's experience on his blog. The kids are eager to try some more new things, so we have another 7 Days project going this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I love it. Great photos of you. So - you're on to Week Two...

My week of not complaining went pretty well. I caught myself a number of times and reworded what I was going to say. I think not complaining is a really good habit to get into. Maybe I should extend it another week.

Anonymous said...

You look marvelous!!!I may have to give this one a 'go' myself. I guess one could say, "Thank God my computer doesn't have video technology". The world would suffer PTSD if it saw my mug when I'm online!

DuckieMom said...

Who knew you had so many lovely pieces of jewelry and could paint your nails to boot! Just don't forget we love you just as much in a t-shirt and jeans.

Tracy Million Simmons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy Million Simmons said...

Ah Shucks... you all are too kind. Fortunately, I have a pretty realistic vision of myself and it does not necessarily crush me to see myself in photographs... though it does sometimes surprise me that I don't still look 23! None-the-less, perhaps the hardest part of the 7 days was actually posting those photos of myself online.

Cheryl: I don't think of you as a complainer, but I'm glad you are enjoying the pursuit of a new habit.

HeyMom: Your beautiful mug would cause no one to suffer. But as I said... posting the photos was the most challenging parts of the week.

Duckie: I'm thankful you accept me in my regular attire. Honestly, aside from the consistent jewelry, I didn't dress all that differently on most days than you usually see me. It was the PJs and sweatpant look I generally wear around home (and sometimes to Wal-Mart!) that I was looking to get past. When we get our compound built ;-) you'll see me frequently enough to understand why my neon sweatpants and flannel PJs aren't necessarily good for the self-image.