Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #86



Dancing to the music on the radio while in the kitchen makes me eat less.

The last time I put any effort into making a meal (last night!) I nearly stuffed myself silly – it was that delicious. Tilapia, corn cakes, and locally grown peppers, onions and tomatoes!

When I drive (alone) I have conversations with myself.

I saw a homeless woman standing near the entrance of the building the first day of my first job in Houston. I saw her nearly every day after that for almost five years. She ignored everyone except for one lady in my building who always gave her food and money. I still think of the homeless woman, and the charitable woman, often.

Give me chocolate, give me a good book, give me a breezy day in a hammock.

Next week I am looking forward to “book club” (that’s what we call it so that we sound like studious moms with a mission).

And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to spending some time with the hubby, tomorrow my plans include walking for ALS and Sunday, I want to maybe catch up on my photo albums!

No comments: