Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Monday, October 01, 2007

Missing the Wind

Yesterday, the AC died. We had the fan motor replaced earlier this summer, but apparently we are low on coolant, as well. We decided to just turn it off and make do till next year. We had such a lovely breeze going yesterday that it worked fairly well just to open up the windows and let things blow.

At least, I thought it was a breeze.

Late afternoon, I decided a bike ride was in order. I jumped on and started peddling east. I was flying. It was so much fun. I peddled until the paved road ended, hit a curve and peddled some more. After about 45 minutes of just riding, I decided to turn around. That's when it hit me. And I mean literally. The wind nearly knocked me off the road.

It wasn't just a breeze, you see. We had wind yesterday. It was western-Kansas like in it's power. I'll tell you what... riding home suddenly became a HUGE undertaking. I was feeling pretty wimpy, I'll admit. My fantastic fast ride was suddenly making my knees ache and making my legs numb and tingly.

Luckily, I had thought to put the cell phone in my pocket. I called hubby and he came to my rescue. He didn't even poke fun of me. What a guy.

I told him he was lucky the pavement ended. With that kind of tailwind, I might have made it to Missouri before thinking to turn around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It WAS windy this weekend!